Saturday, March 9, 2013

Budgie found in Hareid Stadium (article)

Photo © Vikebladet Vestposten

Erlend sent me this article while I was at work. It's from last month but it's a sweet story!

A team of young football players in Hareid (Norway) were out practicing on the field, when someone reported seeing a budgerigar that came flying into the stadium. It was ice cold outside, so the budgie had come to the right place, because the team took the budgie inside where they kept him warm and safe.

The same evening, the lost budgie was recognized by its owner, who had seen him fly away through the window earlier. Happy ending!

Source: vikebladet.no

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I love this blog and the pictures are adorable!!
    I don’t want to bother you, but since you have experience with quite a few budgies, I would like to ask for your advise.
    I have a female budgie Hadley. I bought her 2 weeks ago. I would like to get her a friend, but I have following concerns:
    1. If I get a male, they will have chicks.
    2. If I get her a female, they will fight.
    3. If I have two, they won’t be friends with me.
    I would be very thankful for an advise!! :-)

    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks for your comment :-)

      Most people who only want to own two budgies, buy two male budgies (they rarely fight if there are no females around).
      In your case, the best thing is to have a female and male together, but there is of course a risk that they will breed. But your budgies would be happy. I would not get her a female because female budgies tend to fight over their territory. It's part of their nature. If you only have two budgies, they will still be friends with you; it's only when you get more that you might have problems taming them.

      If you really want to exclude the chance of getting chicks, you could still put two females together and hope for the best. Give them enough space, toys, and food and water and keep an eye on them. They might not like each other that much, but at least they won't fight. And as time goes by, all budgies get used to each other and become attached to each other, so normally it should work out fine :)

      Good luck and let me know if anything comes up.

      Bika

      Delete
  2. What a beautifull budgie! Wonderfull story!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete