Saturday, February 9, 2013

Budgie of the Month: Pico

Photo © Budgie Diary on Wordpress


This is the story about Pico, a blue baby budgie, who became part of these people's family.

"From the very first day, we’ve been able to get close to him. Putting our hand in the cage to put fresh food and water has never bothered him, but it has never bothered him either when we’ve been stroking his chest and belly. I suppose that the first thing I should say is that ours is a flighted budgie as we don’t like the idea of clipping his wings and, as we’ve been told that it’s totally possible to hand-tame a flighted budgie, then we are happy to go for that option."

"Those who know me would say that I shouldn’t have any problems at teaching anybody to talk (including a budgie) because I do like a chat! However, although I’m putting lots on effort on teaching Pico to talk, I do know that not all budgies end up talking.

Photo © Budgie Diary on Wordpress


Whether Pico ends up talking or not, at least it won’t be because we haven’t tried! We talk lots with him and it’s great to see the way he reacts. At the beginning he used to just stare at us. Then he started to show us that he actually enjoyed us chatting with him by moving around in his cage showing us the “tricks” he can do, jumping from perch to perch and in general just looking so happy.

Last Wednesday, I was talking to him while stroking his chest and all of a sudden he started making really sweet noises. These noises were different to his usual happy chirping. It sounded as if he was replying in some sort of “budgie language”. Nevertheless, it made me feel he was starting to “talk back” to me… at least in his own way."

Meanwhile, Pico has grown to be a couple of months old and he's still part of a happy family. He flies around the room and managed to learn a few words, like "Pico", "Pico Guapo" ('Pico pretty boy' in Spanish) and "Mmmmuah!" (the sound of a kiss).

This is Pico relaxing in front of the garden.

Photo © Budgie Diary on Wordpress

Pico with his hamster toy, he loves riding around on it!

Photo © Budgie Diary on Wordpress

This is Pico on top of the hamster toy, on a very colorful floor. His owner got it because he enjoys running around on the floor, and it's more hygienic to have a flat, yet fun surface, that is easy to clean.

Photo © Budgie Diary on Wordpress

Pico riding the hamster toy:


6 comments:

  1. What a great little budgie! Pico is the man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my Budgie Dora loves her bath she gets soaked, lays on her back kicking her little feets, showing off for me,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I just spent all afternoon reading it! I love budgies too, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My budgie Coco looks exactly like little Pico here. Coco has ran away twice and both times returned the next day after escaping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. เว็บไซต์พนันที่ดีที่สุด MGWIN88 สมัครสมาชิกฟรี เปิดบริการออนไลน์ตลอด 24 ชม.

    MGWIN88 ให้ท่านได้สนุก ครบ จบ ในที่เดียว

    ReplyDelete